Following our blog on why it’s important to keep your office clean and tidy, here’s some practical tips for keeping on top of it day-to-day and in between cleaner visits.
- Keep spare bin liners in the bottom of your bins, outside the bag. You can quickly whip the old one and slip a new one in when it gets a bit close to full.
- Keep spray & wipe, absorbent paper roll, tubs of office wipes and other basic equipment in an easy-access office cupboard or desk drawer for quickly mopping up spills and sanitising your keyboard and phone.
- Avoid eating at your desk (if you currently do eat at your desk, please tip your keyboard upside down and give it a shake – you might be shocked!). As well as crumbs-in-the-keyboard it makes your mouse, phone, handles, pens and anything else you touch greasy and contributes to bad smells.
- Keep clutter down – it’s a lot easier to clean a tidy area than one piled high. Chances are if your cleaner is having to navigate piles of papers and boxes that only the clear areas of your desk and floor will get attended to.
- Make employees responsible to keep their own area tidy.
- Open the windows when weather conditions and noise levels permit – maybe an hour in the early morning, or whenever works for you. The fresh air will blow cobwebs and bad smells away (or at least help combat them!) and that oxygen boost will help your staff perform better during the day.
Got a cleaning tip you want to share? Let us know: email@example.com